Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Finally

Amazingly, with all that has been happening recently, there has been knitting. I've been working on a shawl in Fleece Artist something or other (who knows where the ball band is) and it is coming along nicely. When finished, I will probably give this to mom, since she keeps telling me that it is her shawl. The older she gets, the more child-like.

Also on the needles are the Spring Forward Socks in Malabrigo sock, whisper cardigan in Koigu (this one will take FOREVER!). I also have a couple of single socks just begging for mates and a ginormous pile of yarn enticing me to cast on yet another project.

The pugs are cute, cute, cute. They have been sweet and loving and, of course, really silly. There is something about those smooshed faces that just make you smile.

Today mom is having surgery. They found a blood clot in her left leg and so are doing surgery to install a filter to prevent the clot from moving up to her heart or brain. The nurses at St. John's Westshore have been AMAZING and WONDERFUL. They are so sweet and patient with mom (who can be a real handful). They finally got all the blood out of her hair and she is looking less like an extra from the Texas Chainsaw massacre and more like herself.

I have also been looking at nursing homes closer to my house since I'm not sure I will keep her at her current facility. It is all up in the air right now, but they tell me that it is better if I am going to relocate her, that I do it from the hospital instead of letting her return to her current facility and then moving her out. Less confusing/disruptive. Before I make any decisions, I am going to meet with the administrator and see if I can get some of this straightened out. Good times.

Well, back to the hospital. Have a great weekend and happy knitting!



1 comment:

  1. hi k

    oh i hope your mom is feeling much better today. you are a wonderful daughter!

    xoxox
    m

    ReplyDelete