Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thursdays are bad for yarn diets


Although I fancy myself a non-joiner, apparently I am a closet sheep.  Doing my best to work from my stash, I've been diving in with wild abandon, stumbling across yarns I didn't realize I own (those late night internet yarn ordering blackouts) and realizing that I probably never need to buy yarn again and still can't work my way through my stash.   Apparently, this is a current trend with the knitting crowd -- who knew????  Anyway, for rational folks, this vast stash would be enough incentive to stop cruising the internet yarn pushers aka shops, but I never was rational.  Still, I was doing fine, until I got an email from the Loopy Ewe and completely lost all will power.  Le Sigh!  The only salvation -- sock yarn doesn't count -- hehehehehe!  AND this being my 5th order, I am now a Loopy Groupie -- does it get any better than that?  Of course  not!!!!  I would hang my head in shame, but only until my order gets here and I can roll about in all its yarny goodness.  


On my needles -- Knitting Pure and Simple Top Down Sweater in Lorna's Laces Worsted - Watercolors colorway.  Yum Yum.  The green cardigan  has been sent back to the marination pile since it still is not pleasing me enough to finish.  I also have my basic sock on magic loop in a sweet sheep yarn whose name escapes me and whose ball band has disappeared.  

With that, I close.  Happy Thursday all.

No comments:

Post a Comment