Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Beautiful Day

Yes, Yes, Yes! What an amazing day we had yesterday. Historic, moving, uplifting -- I don't remember an election that was so powerful and made me so proud. This is the America I love and I am, for the first time in a long, long time, optomistic about our future. There has been so much keeping us divided, it is a breathtaking to think that we truly have the opportunity to be united! We all won in this election. People voted, people participated and people cared. Let's keep the momentum going and continue to participate, to care.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox. During the election results, I kept my sanity by knitting a plain old "vanilla" stockinette sock (magic loop, of course). I must have been a bit intense since I got all the way to the heel before the west coast polls closed. What can I say -- imagine what I would have been like if I wasn't occupied with yarn and needles!!!!

The pugs handled the evening nicely. They piled on my lap and snored. You gotta give it to them, they do know how to keep things in perspective. While I didn't get as much sleep as I wanted/needed, they were quite refreshed this morning and felt that I was a tad slow on producing their breakfast. Gotta love the puggies. They have their priorities.

Happy Wednesday all.

1 comment: