Saturday, July 12, 2008

Today is the Day


Big happenings here at the blue cottage.  I am teaching two knitting classes today:  basic socks on magic loop and the woodland shawl.  I have several knitters in each so it should be lots of fun.  It is also grooming day at Chez Pug and while I am thrilled and excited, the fur kids are blissfully unaware of what this afternoon bring.  Poppy (the honorary pug) needs to be groomed every 6 weeks and I am blessed with a mobile groomer who adores Poppy and they have a grooming/love fest every six weeks.  It is quite cute and Poppy looks absolutely gorgeous after these sessions.  The boys are less high maintenance, but occasionally I like to treat myself and I have Nancy (the wonder groomer) do the whole damn bunch.  Today is one of those special and wonderful days.   Then after grooming our friends Caryl, Susie, Gracie, Kaze and Mimi come for a pug sleepover.  I'm going to need a week to recover from all the fun of today.  I'll try to remember to take lots of pictures.

On the knitting front, I'm working on the Woodland Shawl in JJ Knits sock yarn, color San Diego.  It is amazing, gorgeous, fabulous, yummy.  We just got JJ Knits sock yarn in at the shop and it is wonderful.  Definitely worth the wait.

I'm also working on the Spring Forward socks from the current issue of Knitty.  Shannon Okey traded me some of her fabulously gorgeous hand dyed yarn in exchange for a pair of these socks.  They are looking good and I'm pretty sure once I finish Shannon's, I'm going to have to cast on a pair for myself.  They are fun to knit and just yummy to look at.  Good combo in a knitting pattern.

Well, enough babbling.  I must go do a bit of straightening before our company arrives.  Have a great Saturday everyone and stay cool.  It is way too hot for puggies here in Cleveland.  Hugs,

1 comment:

  1. hi k!
    oh what a wonderful day! i wish i could be in your classes. you are going to have so much fun with all the puggies and clean ones at that!
    i need to scrub emmitt too.
    i cannot wait to see the pictures!
    melissa

    ReplyDelete