Friday, April 4, 2008

Fabulous Friday

First, my new camera arrived so I can add real pics to the blog.  See my current work on the needles.   This is the silky Malabrigo I picked up at River Colors last weekend.   It decided it really wanted to be Cozy from Knitty and I thought that was a smashing idea.  I've just started, but so far it is making me very happy. Then there was another package in the mail:
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.  My new Yarn Harlot book arrived.   Yummy yarn, a fun pattern and a Yarn Harlot book.  I was doing the happy dance by the mailbox, much to the dismay of the many folks driving by  -- they will get over it.   But then I looked at the mailbox again.  Could it be?  OMG -- the Spring Knitters is here!  Another Happy Dance by the mailbox which drove the pugs crazy.  They were barking and doing their own little happy dance in the house.  You just know it is going to be a great weekend when you get to have a double happy dance at the mailbox.  So I came in, tore open all my goodies,  and did another happy dance just for the hell of it.  I also took a picture of my Crazy Monkey Toe-Up Socks that are currently on the needles.  I'm not sure what the yarn is I'm using since somewhere in my massive stash I lost the ball band.  I like the sock, but next time I'll do it in a plain sock yarn so you can see the pattern better.
And now I must go read and knit.  But I'll leave you with a photo of Ho-Tei and Myoki wrestling on the sofa.  Hope you all have as great a Friday as I'm having.  

3 comments:

  1. Hi K!
    OHHHH! How fun! I love all of your goodies and the socks you are working on! Hug the pugs for me! I love that you are all doing the happy dance! That makes me smile! Oh! and your pictures are awesome!
    :) Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you!
    I am just popping by to say hello!
    Hug the puggies for me! How are your socks coming along? I bet you are done and on a whole new project. i cannot wait to see.
    Have a great evening!
    :) m & e

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi K!
    Emmitt sends lots of hugs and hellos! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog this morning. What a great way to start the day.
    Have a great weekend!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete